Image Map

Saturday 17 December 2016

8 things to do this school holidays




Today I was talking to my sister, who is also a teacher. We were going some jobs together when she said "It is the first day of holidays and I am already bored... I've got stuff to do but I don't want to do them'. To myself, I thought oh my... I thought I was the only one who was thinking that! So here are 10 things (in no particular order) that we teachers need to do over the holidays.




1.
I will be trying a few recipes over the festive times. My sister and Mum have lots of recipe books so I will be looking through them.



2.
I don't know about you, but I feel better with an organised house, yet that is hard for me to accomplish. I will be organising my receipts, the container cupboard, packing up all my winter clothes and going through the boxes of stuff I have in the garage (from last year!)



3.
Whether it be books, magazines or blogs,  catch up on your personal reading.
Here are a few books that I have borrowed from my local public library.


4.
I am the worst and staying in touch with people, this holidays. This school holidays I am planning a trip to Brisbane to visit one of my best friends, we have been good friends since year 8!


5.
Whether it be bike riding, knitting, swimming, running or any other verb. Find something new to do and learn.

6.
If you are anything like me, you will need to clean up and organise files on your computer. I have teaching resources/stuff on 2 USBs and on one drive. I need to organise the crap out of it! Plus my non-work files need some organising!

7.
Try something new. Just a simple one.


8.
I am known in my family to be a tv junkie. This is one of my favourite ways to unwind.
I have synced up Netflix and Stan to my television and have borrowed some DVDs from the local library - I went on the sanity website under tv: new releases, and reserved any show I wanted to try or catch up on.

What things do you plan to do these holidays? Comment below, I would love to hear from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment